Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jam the Gym

I decided to try something a little different last night...


Source: Rogcity Facebook Page

A few weeks ago, while doing my usual scrolling through Facebook, a friend of mine had his status about "Jam the Gym"... I had to ask what it was!  Jeff Rogers, the face behind Jam the Gym, commented himself with more information.  For 5 bucks, Jeff leads an hour-long fitness class.  I had to check it out, and I finally got the chance to last night!

I LOVE trying out new workouts.  That feeling of excitement and nervousness right before the class starts amuses me.  You just never know what you're getting yourself into and how much you will regret it the next day ;) I find myself judging my workouts by how sore I am the next day; if I'm not sore, I didn't push myself hard enough.

Luckily, I had Renee with me to try it out as well!

Source: Rogcity Facebook Page
The verdict: I loved it!

Sometimes, I get caught up in planning my workouts and thinking I need to do a certain amount of sets and reps of specific exercises in order to get a decent workout in.  Wrong.  Jam the Gym required nothing but my own body and included basic moves such as squats, lunges, jumping jacks, burpees, push ups, core work, etc.  And guess what?  I'm sore today!

I loved that Jeff also included many modifications to moves that may be too difficult to those with injuries or to those just starting out.  Jeff focused on form a lot during the class, which I find very important!

The good music, the friendly people, and low cost are 3 wins in my book.  The hour flew by.. I went home, had a snack, took a shower, and was in bed relaxing by 8:30PM!  Love.

I would definitely try this class again, especially when I'm feeling in a slump from typical workouts at the gym.  I am totally taking advantage of this in the summer when Jeff does "Pack the Park", the same hour-long class but outside on the grass.  I will take any opportunity to get outside and move when the weather is beautiful.

Thanks to Tracy for posting about this great opportunity and to Jeff Rogers for being so enthusiastic and inviting.  Also thanks to Renee for joining me!

If you want any additional information on Jeff Rogers, Rogcity Fitness, and Jam the Gym/Pack the Park, check out his Facebook page here or the website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment