Sunday, August 12, 2012

1/2 on the horizon...

Well, I finally did it.  I jumped in head first and registered for my first 1/2 Marathon.  I will be doing the Rails to Trails Marathon in Norwalk, WI on November 4, 2012.  Let's just say, I'm terrified but so excited that I finally made the decision to just register and go with it.


I will be doing Hal Higdon's Novice 2 Half Marathon Training Program.  It involves running 4 times a week (which is about 1-2 more runs a week than I'm used to) with one long run at the end of each week.  The long runs increase in milage each week.  I'm interested to see how it goes and what my time will be.  I do not have a time goal; my goal is to simply finish without feeling like I'm going to die.

There are so many other exciting things coming up so fast!  This upcoming weekend is Kerri's (future sister-in-law!) bachelorette party... it should be a lot of fun :) We are going wine tasting and then spending some time in the pool and eating tasty food before possibly going out for drinks.  Then it's less than a month until the wedding, it's coming up so fast!  I cannot wait to welcome Kerri into our family and finally have a sister to share family memories with.

The happy couple!

The week after the wedding, Terry and I fly out to San Diego, CA to spend some much needed time away on the beach!  I am very nervous for the plane ride since I have not had pleasant experiences in the past but hopefully everything will be okay.  I have been talking with family out there and I am very excited to see them and have them meet the man!

Until all of that, I will be putting in some serious overtime so that we will have some fun spending money while in Cali!  While we plan to save a lot of money by staying with family and not doing too much spendy "touristy" stuff, it will be nice to have the money in case we want to do something!  I am really looking forward to seeing my Uncle Scott... Apparently, he has already done two 1/2 marathons this year and since I'll be right in the middle of my training, it will be nice to go for a run around the lake with him and get some much needed advice :)

Fall is right around the corner and I have all of these amazing things to look forward to :) I LOVE fall.. almost time for the pumpkins to come out!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment