Thursday, August 30, 2012

Slacker

I have definitely been a slacker on the blog lately... possibly a sign that there is just nothing too exciting going on in my life.  I feel that if I have nothing new and exciting to talk about, the blog is just boring for anyone (including me) to read (or write).  But luckily.. I DO have a couple of fun things to talk about! :)

First, Terry and I have possibly found a house to buy.  We saw a few houses yesterday with our realtor and the last house that we looked at has been on the market since we started looking.  The seller has already dropped the price two times and you can tell they are eager to sell it.  I always passed by it while looking online at houses because the pictures made the house look pretty blah.  But for some reason, I decided to book a showing and the pictures do not do justice AT ALL.  The house is BEAUTIFUL!  It is 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, an upper level master bedroom with master bathroom and an unfinished (but super clean) basement.  It has a fenced in yard and a garage.  This house has just about everything on our list that we wanted and the price is very reasonable.  But, before we jump the gun.. We are taking the weekend to discuss and think about it before possibly putting an offer in on Monday.  So we'll see if we still feel excited about it on Monday and even if we are, we might take a second look at it before putting in an offer.  Because you never know what you will find the second time around.  But still, exciting :)

Next on the list.. This last Tuesday, I ran in the Buckshot Run in Eau Claire.  It was just a 2 mile run but I decided to push myself and try to finish under 20 minutes.  I not only did that (finished in 19:35) but finished in the top 3 of my age bracket!  AND was featured on the front page of the City/Region section of the newspaper!


I'm in the front leaping over that big puddle ;) And you can see my sweet, new hot pink running shoes that an amazing boyfriend got for me the day before.. I am a super lucky gal.  Since my old running shoes were giving me blisters, it was time to treat my feet to new comfy and cute! shoes.

Last, but CERTAINLY not least.. I got asked to be a bridesmaid for one of my best friends, Amy!  We have been best friends since the 2nd grade and I feel honored to be a part of her big day.  While the wedding isn't until next summer, I am beyond excited to help her celebrate!  She has always been one friend I would love to be a part of my wedding someday, so it felt so amazing to know she felt the same.

Amy and Dustin - two amazing friends for MANY years :)
Half-marathon training is still under way.  This weekend I will be running 6 miles (which is almost half way there!) but I have a feeling it's going to be a struggle fest because on Saturday, Terry and I are going to the Minnesota State Fair with family.  It's probably the worst place ever for someone who is trying to eat healthy but I'm going to try not going overboard!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day weekend!  I am looking forward to some time off since I have put a combined 35 hours of overtime in within the last two weeks!  Ca-ching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment