Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Summer!

It's been a rollercoaster ride over the past couple of months.. I've had to say good-bye to some of my closest friends I've had the chance to meet through college.  I guess that's the disadvantage of going to college in your hometown; amazing people will come into my life, but then it's time for them to return to their lives back home.  I can only hope the best for them and look forward to staying in touch through the Facebook world. 

I have also been up and down about work/school and where I am going in life.  I am currently looking for a new job since the job I have been with for the past five years is sadly coming to an end.  The company is going in new directions that unfortunately do not involve most of the current staff and everyone is very nervous about what's going to happen to the people we serve and our jobs.  I have been working on my resume and cover letters each week and looking for a new opportunity.  Had an interview yesterday, so we'll see how that goes :)

A big surprise to many people, myself included, is that I decided I am not going to water-ski competively this summer.  This will be the first summer since 1999 that I will not be a part of a team.  It's very unfortunate but there are other aspects of my life (such as finding a job, figuring out grad school options, and continuing my weight loss journey) that need my ultimate attention.  I can't wait to cheer on amazing friends (who are practically family) on the two teams I had the pleasure of being on.  If you ever get the chance to get to a ski show -- do it!  It is such a family-friendly-free thing to do on a beautiful summer evening.  I plan to be at a lot of shows being a very obnoxious cheerleader ;)

My weight loss journey is still going.. It will be a year on August 1st since I have changed my life-style.  I can't believe a year has gone by already and wish that I was at my goal weight.  However, a good friend of mine keeps telling me, "Slow and steady wins the race".  I keep reminding myself that it took me 23 years of bad habits, yo-yo dieting, and stress to get me to where I am; I can't expect to lose everything overnight!  As of right now, I have lost over 30 inches from head to toe, almost 20 pounds, and have GAINED a complete new outlook and attitude with life.  I have the rest of my life ahead of me... I want to be ready for it while being in the best shape of my life.  I made a goal to do at least 10 races this summer.  I have 4 down and 6+ more to go.  I have fell in love with the running world.. While going out for a run is still very difficult for me to find motivation for, I love how I feel once I've accomplished my workout.  I am also playing around with the idea of becoming a certified group fitness instructor to start teaching classes at the gym.. What do you think? :)

There are a lot of things on the agenda for this summer and I'm so glad the season is here!  That means we're that much closer to fall, my FAVORITE season of all time :)  Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment