Monday, December 30, 2013

The Best of 2013

It's the last day of 2013 and I can honestly say it was one of the best, if not THE BEST, year of my life yet!

Here are my TOP 10 favorite memories of 2013 (in chronological order):

1.  In March, I started my new job at Mayo Clinic Health Systems as a CNA.  I have learned so much about nursing and healthcare and continue to learn new things each and every day!


I have the most caring and friendly coworkers and enjoy going to work every day to work alongside them.  This job has inspired me to reapply to nursing school and I should be starting in the fall or spring!

2.  In April, we decided to foster our first dog, Bruiser.  This was a new and exciting yet an apprehensive experience for us.  We saved Bruiser from being euthanized because of his "vicious" attitude.  We met Bruiser at the humane society and did not see any of these behaviors, even around Parker, so we welcomed him in our home for a second chance.



This little guy fit right into our family for nearly four months before a coworker of mine adopted him.  I recently wrote an update on him here since I luckily get to hear about him often!!!

3.  Also in April, literally a day after we picked up Bruiser, Terry and I drove to Clark County to meet Miss Carmelita.


The same day we were asked to foster Bruiser, we were accepted to adopt Carmelita.  We had been looking for another dog, preferably a girl dog, when we came across Bruiser and Carmelita at the same time.  It was a very difficult decision for us to make but we adopted Carmelita and decided to give Bruiser a home until we found him his perfect forever home.  I am so thankful that he was able to find his forever home along with Carmelita!



Carmelita was very timid at first but has grown to the sweetest little lover!  Parker and her get along great and we hope that Carmelita puts a little "pup" back into Parker so he can live as long of a healthy life as possible.


You can read all about my "Crazy Dog Lady" days of owning three dogs here.

4.  In May, I ran my second half marathon at the Eau Claire Marathon.


It was a PR for me by 7 minutes!  I was so touched at this race since I had amazing cheerleaders such as Terry and my best gals, Roni and Abby.  I also had a family cheering for me as I finished and even brought me a homemade sign and a chocolate milk!  I had grown close to this family in the previous weeks as I cared for one of their family members at the hospital.  There are such great people in this world!


5.  On June 19th, we celebrated our first birthday with Mr. Parker!


This little man has put so much happiness into our lives and I wake up thankful for him each and every day.  I've never understood the amount of love possible for an animal until we adopted Parker.  I've had dogs my entire life, but this is my first dog out on my own, and with Terry.  Parker turned us from a couple into a family and I hope we have many great years to come with him!

I wrote all about Mr. Parker's 1st Birthday here!

6.  In mid-June, I ran my third half marathon at Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN!


This was my first BIG race and I was SO nervous.  The nerves must have been a good thing because I PR'ed again, this time by THIRTEEN minutes!  In just seven months since my first half marathon, I had shaved 20 minutes off of my time!!!  I was on top of the world after this race and I cannot wait to visit this wonderful town again in 2014.


My recap of my weekend in Duluth can be read here!

7.  Also in June, I was honored to be a bridesmaid in my best friend, Amy's, wedding!



Amy and I have been best friends since the 2nd grade and I was thrilled to be a part of her big day!  Her wedding was so much fun and she made a beautiful bride!

You can read more about the great time we had at Amy's wedding here.

8.  In July and August, I was given three amazing parties in my honor.  Two bridal showers and a bachelorette party!  My bridal showers were filled with amazing girlfriends, family, the pups, and generous gifts!



My bachelorette party was also filled with amazing girlfriends and family (the pups kept Terry company on this night, ha)!


I had a blast at all three occasions and wish the time had not flown by so quickly!  Everyone made me feel so special and I am so thankful for the amazing girls in my bridal party along with my amazing mother and mother-in-law <3

9.  Seeing friends and family!  With our wedding this year, we had many amazing opportunities to see our closest friends.  Our friends are spreading out all over the place from Madison and Milwaukee to Myrtle Beach and Colorado!  Family in Arizona, California, Colorado, Minnesota... The list goes on and on.  We were able to take fun trips and host our friends and family in our home throughout the entire year.







10.  Lastly, my favorite moment of the entire year of 2013.  A moment I will remember and celebrate every year for the rest of my life: I got married to Terry!



On October 5th, 2013, I married my best friend and started the next chapter in our lives!  We had the most amazing, beautiful, and fun day!



Looking back, it's understandable how 2013 has been the best year of my life thus far.  I'm excited to see what 2014 has to offer!  Hopefully a honeymoon!!!  :)

What were your favorite memories of 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment