Monday, June 17, 2013

Amy & Kyle's Wedding!

Two weeks ago, I had the honor to be in one of my best friend's wedding!  Amy and I have been best friends since the 2nd grade and we are both getting married this year.  I, a bridesmaid in her wedding, and she, a bridesmaid in mine!

2003 vs 2013 -- Best Friends!

It's so much fun to think back on all of our memories together and yet have so many memories to look forward to!

Friday night began with the rehearsal - Practice makes perfect!


Then it was off to dinner and drinks at Yankee Jack's on Princeton Golf Course! It was a gorgeous day out, perfect for a grill out on the course.

At the end of dinner, Amy handed out our bridesmaids gifts.  We all received totes that were labeled with our initials.  At first glance, I thought she handed me the wrong bag...


H?! Oh my goodness! With only a few months until our wedding, Amy went ahead and put my soon-to-be NEW initials on my bag. It was very sweet and it made me feel even more excited to be Mrs. Heard!  I also received two bottles of wine in my bag for helping Amy out with wedding planning.  I helped plan her bachelorette party and put together the slideshow for their reception night, it was all so much fun!

The morning started out with 10:00AM hair appointments at the Salon Professional Academy.  Amy's daughter, her flower girl, got her hair done for the first time. It was so cute!


I decided to go with a side pony with curls.  I love when my hair is curled but it NEVER stays curled no matter how much product and hairspray I use, but I was pleasantly surprised when the curls stayed in all night!

At the salon!
I had my make-up mostly done before the hair appointment so that afterwards, all I would have to do is slip on my dress, shoes, and do some touch-ups!  It definitely made the afternoon stress free.  Pictures started right away when we got to the church with "getting ready" pictures.  One of Amy's other bridesmaids, Ashton, got out her make-up case to get ready!

You know you're a mom when your make-up case is a wipes container!  Ashton's son was Amy's ring bearer.  The ring bearer and flower girl were absolutely adorable together:


While Amy was busy with family photos, another bridesmaid (Ashley) and I walked a block to Dooley's to enjoy a drink



It made the time fly before it was time for Amy and Kyle to say "I do"!  The wedding ceremony was short and sweet.  We were off to the park for more pictures.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!

The reception theme was a "Mad Hatter Tea Party" and was full of beautiful and colorful decorations.  Amy did an awesome job!  I found my soon-to-be groom, ate some dinner, then hit the dance floor!



The dance was a big hit - there were always people out on the dance floor.  The DJ was impressed when Amy broke out in Zumba dancing and had everyone following her - it was a live Zumba class out on the dance floor!  The DJ also had the bridesmaids compete in a little game of "Scavenger Hunt/Musical Chairs".  The bridesmaids had to race to find whatever the DJ was asking for (a necktie, a cell phone with your name as a contact, a single piece of toilet paper..) and sure enough, Amy and I were the last two standing.  The final challenge?... Who can chug a full beer the fastest.  I am not a beer drinker and Amy is, so I knew Amy was going to win hands down.  But I put up a fight and was only a couple of gulps behind her!


What a FUN wedding weekend! It made me excited for our big day and I hope Amy has as much fun at my wedding as I did at hers!

Congrats to the newly married couple... it's so comforting to watch a best friend marry someone who makes her so happy. 


Amy & Kyle - June 8th, 2013

Sorry for the random sideways photos... I hate it when Blogger does that :(

No comments:

Post a Comment