Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall!

Today marks the first day of fall!  Does anyone else feel that fall is the shortest season?  I absolutely love everything about fall, yet it seems to come and go too quickly.  As I finished another long weekend at work and stepped out of the hospital into the beautiful, sunny 60 degree weather, I thought about all of the things I adore about fall.

Number one being the weather.  I love the in between weather where it's not too hot and not too cold (aka perfect running weather!).  It's perfect for long walks with the pups, visits to the apple orchard, and the beautiful colors can't be beat!


It's also perfect for Parker the pumpkin to strut the streets!


(Still debating on whether Parker should stick to his pumpkin costume or if he should be something else this year along with Carmelita... Hmm... Thoughts?)

Pumpkins.  I love pumpkins.  Pumpkins are the "theme" of my wedding in two weeks.  Let's be honest, pumpkins are the theme of my entire house right now.  In fact, pumpkins consume my entire diet right now with pumpkin lattes, treats, smoothies, etc!  If it's pumpkin flavored, I'm aaaallllll over it.  Maybe Parker should stick with the pumpkin costume.


Next, what is fall without football and yummy new recipes to try in the crock pot while the games are playing.  There is nothing better than a Sunday afternoon, curled up on the couch with my main squeeze and the pups, watching football and eating comfort food.  Nothing.



Weather, beautiful colors, apple orchards, pumpkins, football, and food.  What else could be amazing about fall!?  Oh yeah, my wedding in just TWO weeks!  Now I'll have a wedding anniversary to look forward to each fall... this season just keeps getting better and better by the year!

Apple Orchard Fun!

What are your favorite things about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment