Monday, January 27, 2014

Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center

While I was in Rochester, MN this weekend for the state dart tournament, I had a lot of free time to do my own thing while Terry played.  I only did one event the entire weekend and that was on Friday night.  I decided to stay the whole weekend so I could explore and have a weekend away!

On Saturday morning, I walked the three blocks from our hotel to the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center.


Being a Mayo employee, I was able to have access to the fitness center that Rochester employees utilize.  I was blown away by the size of the place!


The locker rooms were gigantic and included spiffy lockers, showers, changing rooms, makeup/hair stations, computers, and probably much more that I didn't find!  The locker room alone was bigger than our employee gym!  Don't get me wrong, I love our employee fitness center... But holy smokes!


Since the gym was so overwhelming with the three levels, I got on the first treadmill I could find.  It was by the window, so I was able to bask in the sunlight during my workout.  Yes, I pretended it was summer the entire time.


Each cardio machine had a tablet and an HD TV.  Spiffy spiffy.

I completed a five mile run then walked a few laps on their indoor track that circles and overlooks the entire facility.


My run felt amazing.  CrossFit has been taking a little more of my fitness love lately so it felt great to knock out a few miles.  With all of the walking we had to do in the skyway this weekend, I got plenty of miles in ;) 

While the hotel we were staying at had a decent fitness center, I'm glad I had the opportunity to check out the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center!  If I ever come back to Rochester, I'll definitely go again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment