Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Odd Time To Be Productive

I'm going to miss long fall walks.
Once the snow hits the ground, these two refuse to go outside for anything more than 10 seconds.  They run out, get the job done, and run back in.  I was going to go to the gym after work but when I noticed that the sun was shining... it's becoming more and more rare... I couldn't resist going straight home to walk Parker and Carmelita for 1.5 miles.

I came home and went into productivity mode.  I swept and mopped the floors, disinfected the countertops, did the dishes, vacuumed, and dusted!  After that, I hopped on my elliptical and hacked out 5 miles in 50 minutes while watching last night's Biggest Loser episode.

And now I'm typing up this post while enjoying an oldie but goodie.


How is it that I had the last two days off from work and got absolutely nothing done!?!

Ok, I got some stuff done.  But housework was definitely NOT one of them.  You'd think after a busy day on my feet at work would cause the laziness to set in.  Apparently not.  The busier I am, the more I get done.  It's so odd.  If I have nothing to do, I'll do nothing.

I'm off to cook dinner and get ready for dart league!  If you're looking for a fantastic pasta recipe with homemade sauce, check out Iowa Girl Eats and her recipe for Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pasta with Creamy Garlic Sauce.  It is deliciously amazing and I will be making it again. and again. and maybe 100 more times after that.  This was my result.


Definitely not as pretty as her pictures, but that's what you get for being a cheapo and taking iPhone pictures in horrible lighting.  Some day I'll be able to get a nice camera, some day...

Hope you have a fantastic night!

No comments:

Post a Comment