Friday, August 23, 2013

Fall Preparations

We're down to SIX weeks people... Six weeks until the big day!  Time is flying by.  Does anyone else wonder how summer seems to get shorter and shorter every year?  Oh yeah, maybe it's because we had snow until May this year, grrr.

Yesterday and today has been filled with wedding related errands and some shopping spurts in between.  Seeing all of the stores filled with fall decorations and scents is making me too excited to say good-bye to summer and helllloooooo to fall and football.  Fall is, by far, my favorite season of the year.  Scarves, sweaters, football games, pumpkins, apple cider, beautiful colors and perfect running weather.

I'm enjoying a cup of hot apple cider while writing this post.  I can enjoy hot beverages anytime of the year.  Many people I know switch to iced coffee in the summer because of the heat.  But a hot cup of coffee, tea, or cider hits the spot and helps me relax.

Last night, we went to the mall and I drooled over the new football clothing in Scheels.  I found a Vikings sweatshirt that was adorable and felt super comfy, but once I looked at the price tag, I put it back with a sad face.  $70 for a hoodie?!  Crazy.

I then went into the magical world of Bath and Body Works.  With all of their new fall scents, I was in heaven.  A new one this year: Pumpkin Caramel Latte.  Such a soothing smell!  One of my classic favorite scents is "Leaves" so I picked up candles, wallflowers, and some Creamy Pumpkin soap and hand sanitizer.  I also grabbed a big bottle of Aromatherapy Stress Relief body wash for only $6!  Score!


We stopped at Panera for dinner then we were off to church to meet with the musician who will be playing piano at our wedding ceremony.  Matt does the music for service every week and he is so talented.  I was relieved to hear that he doesn't follow sheet music and can play something after hearing it, so we didn't have to worry about finding sheet music for some non-traditional songs we plan to have in our ceremony.  It was a quick meeting and I walked out feeling relieved!

This morning, after a walk with the pups, we were off to Perkins to meet with our vendor for our wedding cupcakes.  You may remember my post from spring from when we sampled cupcakes!  We finalized our cupcakes flavors, numbers, and what we want to do for the cutting of the cake.  Again, I walked out feeling relieved (and ready to eat cupcakes)!

We then drove to check out a possible venue for our rehearsal dinner.  It's been difficult to find a place that's centrally located, decently priced, and somewhat nice yet laid back and fun.  Right now, it's between Sammy's Pizza or the Seymour Town Hall.  Hmm.

Then it was time for some shopping!  Tomorrow, we are going to a friends engagement/housewarming party.  They just bought a house this last spring and have been working hard on house projects and also just got engaged!  We knew exactly what we wanted to do for them... I will post pictures after tomorrow!

I also wanted to shop for some fall decorations.  Now that we are finished with the floors and have a dining room table, I feel it's safe to start hanging up some more decorations and make the home a little more cozy.

I found some great finds at Pier 1 Imports!

And this cute little pumpkin for only 97 cents at Wal-Mart!

While it's not home decor, I couldn't resist this fall item...


Yum!  I love TJMaxx's random coffee selection.  It's different every time I go and I love trying new flavors.  I also love their random collection of coffee mugs and I may have splurged for a mug I found in the clearance section for two dollars!


Luckily, I had a lot of coupons and gift cards saved up so my shopping spree didn't cost me too much!

Now I just have to convince myself to wait until September 1st to put up all of my fall decorations and make my house smell like pumpkins, apples, and cinnamon.  Mmmm.   I can't wait!  I wish fall decorations could stay up all year!

What's your favorite thing about fall?

I love pumpkins.  I love carving them, using them for crafts and decorations, the flavor of them through desserts and pumpkin spiced lattes.

After this year though, I'm excited to say that our wedding anniversary will be during fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment