Friday, March 22, 2013

Mmm Cupcakes

A few months ago, I ran walked in the first "Run for the Lights" 5K in Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls.  After the race, there were treats and hot cocoa for the participants.  That was when I met Connie.

Connie just started her own bakery business called "A Little Somethin' Sweet" and was handing out free mini cupcakes to all of the race participants.  I am not a cake or frosting lover (I know, I'm weird) so I handed off my free cupcake coupon to my mom.  She picked out a mini cupcake, tried it, and said to me "you HAVE to try these cupcakes".  I kept saying no and that I don't like cake and blah blah blah.. but then, I noticed she had a pumpkin spice cupcake.  One thing I can't say no to: pumpkin.

So, we walked up to the table and Connie let me try a cupcake, even without my coupon!  I was very impressed with how the cupcakes looked since they were covered in glitter and little hearts made out of frosting.

Photo from "A Little Somethin' Sweet" Facebook Page
I'm not kidding, everyone.  These cupcakes are PHENOMENAL!  I couldn't even finish swallowing the bite before asking "Do you do weddings, do you have October 5th open?"  Connie was SO sweet and gave me all of the information I needed to get a hold of her.

I went home and raved to Terry about the cupcakes (he is not a big fan of cake either).  Our initial plan was to do ice cream or even ice cream cake for our wedding instead of a traditional cake.  Over the past few months, I waited patiently for Connie to contact her brides for their tastings!

Since Connie is still expanding her business, she rents out a small kitchen to do all of her baking.  So, Terry and I chose 5 flavors to sample (from her list of MANY!) and she dropped them off at our door.

From L2R: Pumpkin Spice, What's Up Doc (Carrot), Cinn-a-roll, and Dew It (Terry's curiosity got the best of him and he had to try the mountain dew flavored cupcake)

It was so perfect.  We were able to try them without having someone staring at us, waiting for a response.  We had them for dessert that night and knew right away that these were the cupcakes we wanted at our wedding.  They are so beautiful!  And even better - very reasonably priced!


We also requested a lemon flavor (Terry's favorite) that slipped her mind so she dropped off more cupcakes two days later!

Chocolate-Chocolate-Chocolate, Lemon Drop, and Luscious Lemon
AND!! Since we can't figure out which chocolate flavor to go with, she said she would drop off a couple more chocolate flavors sometime this weekend.  I'm in mini cupcake heaven!

Make sure to LIKE "A Little Somethin' Sweet" on Facebook and check out all of her gorgeous pictures of her masterpieces!  She does mini cupcakes, regular sized cupcakes, cakes, and more!  Check it out :)

I'm doing this post for no reason other than that these cupcakes are the best cupcakes I've ever had ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment