Friday, August 2, 2013

All signed up!

On Wednesday I registered for my third half marathon of 2013 and my fourth half marathon overall.


The Biggest Loser Run/Walk is coming to Eau Claire, WI on October, 20th!  While it's just two weeks after our wedding, I plan to finish the half marathon.  We don't plan on going on a honeymoon until December or January, so this will definitely keep me on track for wearing a swimsuit on the beach :)

I have always admired this show and the people on it.  I watch it every season and Jillian Michaels and Bob Harber have to be two of my favorite celebs.  I consider the contestants on the show celebs as well for everything they go through on television.  One of my favorite contestants throughout all of the seasons is definitely Daris George from Season 9!  His story melted my heart and I thought he was the cutest thing with that curly red hair...


He looked SO good at the end of the season and am friends with him on Facebook to this day (I'm a little crazy, I know).  Maybe, just maybe, Daris will show up to Eau Claire on October 20th!?!  Please, Daris, Please!

Some other exciting news?  We finally have new floors in the house...


And a new dining room table!


I can't wait to have friends and family over for meals, game nights, or even to enjoy a "stay-at-home" date night with candle lit dinners!  Terry's parents were our first guests for dinner last night.  I brought out the crock pot and made a sirloin roast with carrots, potatoes, and salad.  We followed up dinner with a walk in the park with the pups, how fun!

With August upon us, I wanted to share a photo.  It was the August of 2011, two years ago already, that I really started making big changes in my life.  I started concentrating on food and turning bad habits into good ones, I started appreciating my body and my future life, and more importantly... I started running.  At that time, I could barely run a block without being drenched in sweat and feeling like I was going to fall over from an asthma attack.  My first race (the 2 mile Turkey Trot) was just two months after starting to run and was the furthest I had ever ran without stopping.  Since then, I was hooked.  Here is a before & after picture from 2011 to 2013.

Life is short enough and I appreciate myself, my friends and family, and my amazing hubby-to-be too much to be selfish and continue bad habits.  I'm ready to compare the 2011 picture to 2015, 2020, and every year after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment