Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July Up at the Lake!

As soon as I got off work on Thursday afternoon, we loaded up the pups and headed to one of my favorite places in the world.


Clam Lake!

My family owns land up north on Clam Lake, so summer holidays are always spent up at the lake.  We arrived there around 5:00PM on Thursday evening, just in time to eat dinner and get ready for the firework show!

Terry absolutely loves lighting off fireworks, so he (along with my cousins Chad and Randall) coordinated an awesome firework show for the whole family.  Unfortunately, all three pups had major panic attacks with the loud booms so my mom voluntarily watched the fireworks from the camper while cuddling with the dogs.

I really wish I had pictures to share from the weekend, but I rarely touched my phone all weekend and THAT is something I have no regrets with.  It was nice to sit back and enjoy the great weather and family time.  There was a lot of laying out in the sun with my cousin Jessica, getting further in my current read (check out Good Reads to see what I'm currently reading), water-skiing, swimming, camp fires, and delicious food from the grill.

We convinced Carmelita to give swimming a try and she surprisingly did VERY well!  She stayed out on the dock with us and kept wanting to go in.  Mr. Bruiser, on the other hand, did not enjoy the water and took off running to the camper the second he got out of the water.  Pansy  ;)  I wish I would have gotten a video of Carmelita swimming around because it was absolutely adorable.  Next time!

We decided to come back tonight so we can make it to church tomorrow and do a much needed trip to Menard's.  We are looking to start redoing our hardwood floors within the next few weeks so they are done before the wedding.  Hopefully we can fit in a good workout tomorrow, as well.

Hope everyone had a fantastic and safe 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment