Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Weekend

My Paleo Challenge ended on Valentine's Day!  (Recap of my last week is coming soon)

The Paleo Challenge couldn't have ended on a better day… because this is what dessert looked like for us on Valentine's Day after we both worked 12 hour shifts.


Those Marshmallow Crispy Oreos are worth every penny.  Mm mm!  At least we had a healthy, delicious, home-cooked meal right before we ripped the cookies open.


Cedar-planked salmon, asparagus, roasted zucchini, and a sweet potato.

Since we both worked 12 hour shifts on Friday and therefore did not get home until 6:30PM, we stayed in.  Valentine's Day + Friday night = an inevitable long wait for a restaurant.  I had to be back at the hospital at 6:00AM on Saturday morning for another long day so a Friday night in worked out perfectly.

It was my first full weekend of working 12 hour shifts.  Nothing like cramming a 36 hour work week in just three days!  I'm looking forward to working 12s instead of eight hour shifts because now I will only work three days a week instead of four.  Weekends and holidays change from working every other one to every 3rd, which is huge for me.  If it's my weekend to work, I won't be able to do much besides work and sleep, but in the long run, it's well worth having the extra time to spend with Terry and family and to also have the time to concentrate on other interests.

Anyways… While dinner was cooking, we exchanged gifts!


Terry got me my favorite flowers (lilies), a bottle of Sweet Red wine, and a new wedding ring!!!  Just kidding… Well, kind of.  We leave for our honeymoon in Mexico in TEN DAYS and I'm finally turning my rings in to get sized and fused together while we're gone.  Terry went to the store and bought a fake engagement ring and wedding band for me to wear while we're in Mexico :)

I got Terry some of his favorite treats (Butterfingers and Monster Energy Drinks) and put together some picture frames.  Yes, I got my husband pictures.  This gift may have benefitted us both, but it was fun to look back at some of our favorite memories together:


We've had a great year together and I'm looking forward to finally going on our honeymoon and celebrating everything we've accomplished together!

It was a perfect low-key Valentine's Day!  With our big trip coming up and having to work all weekend, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

What did you do for Valentine's Day?  Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment