Monday, October 28, 2013

Planning Ahead

It's Monday!  Another fresh start and opportunity to reach goals.

We had a busy and productive weekend with a good mix of fun!  We were able to stay in Friday night and just lounge on the couch.  It was glorious.  On Saturday, we ran all over town for errands and one big stop included the mall where I was able to buy a pair of jeans that actually fit me, and a new winter jacket!


So excited!  On Saturday evening, we were able to meet up with Amy and Kyle (Amy was a bridesmaid in my wedding) for dinner!  Amy and Kyle went on vacation to Cozumel, Mexico this last February and that's where we're thinking for our honeymoon in January, so they gave us a lot of awesome recommendations on what to do there!  I wish we could leave today!

On Sunday morning, I got stuck working, but I made sure to sport the right scrub colors.  Go Vikings!


After work, I grabbed the pups and went on a nice two mile walk with a co-worker/friend and her dog, Chase!  We met at the park and it was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon!


Then it was game time!  I made some Trader Joe's pumpkin and chocolate chip bars and headed to my brother and sister-in-laws house for a Packer/Viking party!


Before the kickoff, we played Kubb outside and then warmed up with hot beef sandwiches, yum yum!


It was a fun game to watch regardless of the loss... I'm just glad it wasn't a blowout and the game kept us all entertained.

Maybe if Carmelita would have actually cheered instead of sleeping on my lap, we would have won.


On Sunday evenings, I like to sit down and look at my upcoming week (and Terry's).  That way I can plan ahead for stressful/rushed evenings where a healthy meal doesn't seem possible.  I also look for opportunities where I can squeeze in a workout!  I find that if I plan day-by-day, workouts never happen and dinner ends up being a frozen pizza or from a restaurant.

Here are my goals for this week:

1.  Take the pups for a walk every day.  I usually do this regardless, but I know the temperatures are only going to get colder and once snow hits the ground, my dogs won't be so thrilled to walk.  I want to take advantage of the bearable weather while I can.


2.  Prep meals and snacks right after grocery shopping and have a meal plan for the week.  This saves SO much time and energy!  It also leaves the week stress free since I don't even have to think about what's for dinner.


3.  Drink more H2O.  I've noticed that my water intake has taken the backseat to coffee... again.  I have been experiencing headaches all weekend so I definitely need to drink up!

Here is my tentative workout plan for the week:

Monday:  Easy walk with the pups

Tuesday:  Walk with dogs, grocery shop and food prep, 3 mile run, and an upper body workout (I miss strength training!!!)

Wednesday:  Walk with dogs and 45-60 minutes doing cross training on the elliptical

Thursday:  Walk with dogs and a Zumba class

Friday:  Walk with dogs, lower body workout, and some abs/good stretching/foam rolling

Saturday:  Long walk with the pups (and maybe the hubby!)

Sunday:  Off/Rest



What are your goals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment