Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Weekend Alone

Thursday morning, I woke up and made Terry breakfast before saying goodbye to him for the weekend.  He went to Minnesota with some friends for the Regional Dart Tournament.  So, from Thursday to Sunday, it was just me and Parker!

 
I initially took off from Thursday-Sunday to tag along with Terry, but decided to stay home and enjoy some me-time before I start my new job on Monday.  I also had a lot of random errands that needed to get done.

However, I started my mini vacation with a day of nothing.  I had nothing planned and just went with the flow.  After saying goodbye to Terry, I crawled back into bed with Parker and slept for another two hours!  Once I woke up, I made some breakfast and chatted with this beautiful lady for TWO HOURS on Skype (we obviously miss each other)...


I finally got off the couch and went to work out at the gym with Amy.  I ran 3.5 miles then came home and went for a walk with Abby and Parker for about 1.5 miles.  By the time that was all done, it was already dinner time!  I made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries for Jenna and I to enjoy with a glass of wine :)  I got to see 4 of my best gals within several hours.. how sweet!

I woke up with determination on Friday morning to get a lot of errands done.  I needed to get some work done on my car, pick up some things at Wal-Mart, and find a spring jacket that actually FITS me so I don't look like I'm drowning in my clothes.  I walked into TJMaxx and quickly found this gem:


It was only $24.99!  I was thrilled to find something so quickly and made my way to the cashier when something else caught my eye...


Salted Caramel coffee for $4.00?!  Impulse buy... I think so. What a slogan, "Coffee for tired people". Yup, that's me!

I also ran into the mall to grab a couple things from Bath and Body Works and the Kitchen Collection Store.  By then, my car was finished!  I picked up my niece from school, brought her home, and enjoyed pizza and card games with her, my brother and his wife, and my parents :) Yay for family time!

Saturday was another day of determination.  I took a day trip with my MOH, Jenna, and my mom to Minneapolis.  We stopped at Ikea so I could return a few things and pick up a couple packs of my FAVORITE scented tealights...


They smell SO good!  I can't get enough (I'm a candle junkie)

Then it was off to Whole Foods Market!


Why... just WHY can't Eau Claire have a Whole Foods Market?!  You walk into this store and it smells like FOOD... real food!  It's gorgeous and it had everything that I was looking for!  For instance, do you know how hard it is to give up dairy while living in Wisconsin?  Or giving up dairy and loving coffee creamer, pizza, and ice cream!?  Luckily, Whole Foods had a lot of alternative options.  I picked up some almond cheese, coconut coffee creamer, and almond "ice cream" :) I also snagged some delicious garlic and herb cashews -- YUM! (I swear... anything with garlic or pumpkin.. I'm in.. however, probably not those two things combined)

They had a fantastic salad and hot bar (and made to order sandwiches, sushi, and pizza!) so we made some hefty salads and ate there instead of spending more time, money, and calories at a restaurant.  Sweet!

Then it was off to the Paper Depot in downtown Minneapolis.  This placed looked SKETCHY on the outside but was wonderful on the inside.  They had many samples of wedding invitations to look through and once I picked out the design and colors, they put together a wedding invitation for me!


It was a little stressful trying to find something that I really liked since I kept thinking about how many of these invites are just going to end up in the trash. So much money down the drain!  The invite ended up looking really great and the cost per invite was a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be, so that help relieve a little of the stress.

The Paper Depot took a little longer than planned so once we left there, we were headed for home.  Not without a stop at Trader Joe's though!  I love Trader Joe's... However, after being at Whole Foods Market, it was so boring!  How sad... I guess I'm in love with another grocer.  Opps.  Sorry Joe's.

Once I was home, I put the groceries away and finished up some laundry before pouring myself a glass of wine and crawling in bed to watch the season finale of Girls.  Is anyone else into this show?  It's so raw and unique.  I love it.  This season finale actually brought a tear to my eye, which really surprised me.  This is not the type of show you cry at but this episode definitely got me.  Adam running to Hannah?!  Sigh...


Now it's Sunday Runday!  I'm anxiously waiting for my hubby-to-be to get home because I have missed him SO much!  We are going to have brunch with family then I'm using that fuel for my 8 mile run this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment