Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jam Packed Weekend!

I did not do well with blogging this week!  It flew by and got away from me so this post may be a long one..

It was a fun weekend starting out with a Friday evening with family.  Terry and I, for Christmas, gave my niece an evening of fun at the arcade and a sleepover with movies and popcorn.  My niece brought her older sister, and then my brother and his wife, and my mom and dad all joined us so it turned out to be a fun filled evening!

Bobby and Chloe in their go-kart!

Chloe getting ready to rock climb

Dad and Mom about to go!

Kaylee climbing to the top!

Terry and Kaylee ready to race
The girls had a blast and it was great to spend some time with them :)

I was exhausted all day on Saturday from the long night on Friday, but we were up early for a meeting with our home insurance agent and running errands.  Terry dropped me off at home and while he ran some of his errands, I went for a short run with Abby and Renee.  It was our first run outside since snow has been on the ground and it felt great to run outside instead of on a treadmill!

Renee and I went to the grocery store after our run to take advantage of some amazing deals and stock up on veggies and dairy (milk and greek yogurt was half off).  I have a full fridge now!

But... I didn't get to eat at home last night.  We went to the Green Mill for a work holiday dinner for Terry's work.  I had a salad, chicken with mushrooms, and fish with a dinner roll.  I couldn't resist the carrot cake either ;)

We didn't stay long because it was time for the Viking vs. Packer game!  My brother and his wife were having a get together at their house where they had a huge spread of game time food :)


Parker can't ever sit still when there are so many opportunities to beg for food!  Even though the Vikings lost, it was great seeing them make it to the playoffs and I can't wait for next season :)

This morning, I went for a winter hike/walk through the trails with Renee.  It was cold, but gorgeous!


We ended up going 3 miles and burned over 500 calories!


I sported my new "I <3 Peeing In My Wetsuit" shirt that I got for Christmas from my cousin, Jessica.  It made me think of summer temperatures and how I'll soon be out on the water! :)

For 2013, one of my goals is to document my workouts.  Renee gave me a funny calendar for Christmas so I am keeping it at my bedside and every night before going to sleep, I write down my workouts for the day.  That way, at the end of the year, I can tally how many miles I ran and look back to what I did for workouts.


It will be interesting to see how many miles I can rack up in 2013 with two half marathons on the calendar to train for! :)

Tina's Best Body Bootcamp starts tomorrow and I can't wait!  I love having a program to follow -- it pushes me to show up to the gym every day since I have something planned and ready to do.  If I don't have anything planned, I'm usually aimlessly walking around the gym.

Some fun things about today...

It's my best friends birthday! :)


Roni, who I went to college with and who is standing up in my wedding this year, turns 24 today!  Love you, girl!

AND... tonight is the Biggest Loser Premiere!  I am such a sucker for this show and am way too excited that Jillian Michaels is back! My MOH is coming over to watch it with me so we can drool over Bob Harper, Dolvett Quince, and let's be honest... Jillian too!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment