Monday, November 11, 2013

On Call

Good Morning!  Happy Monday!

I got a surprise phone call from work at 4:15 this morning.  I was being put on call for the day!  I have to stay close to home and be prepared to be called in at anytime between 6:00A and 2:00P, but that's okay.  It gives me the extra time to work on the much needed laundry and cleaning I didn't finish over the weekend.  Bonus day!

Someone had a ruff Monday morning trying to get out of bed...


The morning started just the way I like it... a walk with the pups (brrr) and a hot cup of coffee!  I plan on getting things done around the house before I am free to hit the gym and run some errands.  I am starting our wedding thank you cards tonight, so need to pick up some materials.


I also might stop by the grocery store since this Saturday, Terry and I are hosting our first "Friendsgiving"!  Good food, great friends, drinks and games - I can't wait!

Yesterday, I was able to attend church and I was blown away by the seasonal decor in the church.  It was beautiful!


They are doing a series on love right now and it really hit home for me.  They discussed how in our society, we view love as something to be earned (example: I did the dishes and cooked dinner, so you should love me) rather than love being something honored.  Love is not about yourself, but about the other person. This is so important to remember and something I need to work on as a newlywed!


I don't get to go to church often due to work, so I love it when I do get to go and the message really connects with me!

Last night, I was doing some cleaning and came across my measurements chart from 2011.  This was the year that I graduated college and made the decision that things needed to change.  I had so many bad habits and was going through some bad depression because of those bad habits and where they had brought me.  I got out the tape measurer and to this date, I have lost 40 inches!  About 40 pounds and 40 inches... gone!


This was such a great find.  It reminded me that weight loss is a journey, not just a diet or something temporary.  It's something that I still struggle with every single day and will continue to struggle with.  Every day is a battle.  It took me 23 years to form bad habits and put all of that weight on, I can't expect it to come off over night.  I am taking it day by day and hope to keep losing, even if it takes me several years.

Don't give up.

What are your goals this week?

Have you ever attended or hosted a Friendsgiving?


No comments:

Post a Comment