Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!


There were just too many adorable dog costumes to choose from so it's Parker the Pumpkin again and Carmelita got a "Happy Halloween" dress.  They are ready to bark at every trick-or-treater that knocks on the door... Sigh...

I've never been into dressing up for Halloween, so I guess I'm just the crazy dog lady who dresses up her dogs.  I'm fine with that!

On my last day off from work, I spent the morning grocery shopping and prepping my food for the week.  Now that things have slowed down since the wedding, it's definitely time to get back on track.  I've been doing great sticking to my workout schedule this week and have gone for a walk with the pups every day!

Prepping my food at the beginning of the week makes snacks and packing a lunch a breeze!


I usually depend on leftovers for packed lunches, but when there aren't enough leftovers for both me and Terry, all I do is make a quick salad, throw in whatever fresh fruit I have in the fruit basket, grab a bag of almonds, and I'm set!

For food prepping this week, I boiled a dozen eggs, made some squash, washed fruit and veggies, and have frozen fruit ready to go for delicious smoothies!


I have missed my smoothies!

With the lettuce chopped up, eggs hard boiled, and peas steamed... I can make my favorite salad in less than a minute!


What can I say?  I'm a simple gal... Lettuce, peas, egg, and sunflower seeds.  Top it with honey mustard and you have the best salad ever!

It usually takes about 30-60 minutes to prep my food, but it makes the rest of the week go smoothly when everything is ready to grab and go!  When everything is easily accessible (and stored properly), I feel that I actually use up all of my fresh fruit and veggies before they go bad... big money saver!

After prepping my food, I headed to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill before doing some upper body weight lifting that included bicep curls, shoulder press, tricep extensions, and push ups.

I also spent some time with the grid foam roller... It hurt so good!

I have a lower body workout planned for tomorrow.  Squats and lunges, gross.  Does anyone else hate lower body workouts compared to upper body?  I could work out my upper body every day!

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! these are looks tasty and must be healthy. I like these. They are good for health and weight control.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I found this article pretty interestingly written. I also never dress up for Halloween but I do make my dog to look like a skeleton dog by painting its body from water color .. :)

    ReplyDelete