Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blister Queen

On Tuesday, I headed down to Eau Claire Bike & Skate to check out their selection of rollerblades.

I have had the same pair of rollerblades since I can remember.  If I had to guess, I would honestly say middle school or early high school.

They were called "Scorpion" and as you can see, barely had a break left on the back.  Since rollerblading is one of my favorite summer activities, it was time to spend some money on a new pair.  My old rollerblades continuously gave me pain and blisters and I could never figure out why.

The first pair of skates that the associate had me try on were a size 7.5.  I was shocked.  My old rollerblades were a size 10.  Big reason why I probably keep getting blisters.  The 7.5's did fit, but they were pretty snug so I went up to a size 8.

 

Aren't they sweet?! :)

I really did use to buy shoes in 9.5 or 10... Until I lost weight.  I am now a comfortable 8 or sometimes 8.5, depending on the shoe.  Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only freak who apparently held all of my weight in my feet?

After purchasing the rollerblades, I didn't hesitate to try them out.  I went for a 5 mile ride with Kyle.  They felt great and super fast compared to my old ones.  It definitely took some time to get used to.  I was so excited to go again that I headed out yesterday and went over 11 miles!

Unfortunately, I decided to try a thin pair of socks.  I thought since my rollerblades fit better and didn't bother me the day before, that I could downgrade from my ginormous socks I always wear while rollerblading.

Wrong.


Stick with what you know.

So, it looks like I might not be rollerblading today.  Or running.  Boo!

I'm headed off to the store to purchase some First Aid stuff since I don't even have bandaids to protect this bad boy.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment