Monday, February 25, 2013

1st Half Marathon Playlist

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!  So far, my Monday has been AMAZING and I hope to share some details with you later in the week :)

This morning I woke up to a text from Lauren saying that we got into the lottery for the Grandma's Half Marathon in Duluth!  When Lauren asked me if I was interested a few weeks ago, I figured there was no hurt in registering for the lottery.  If I were to get in, it would be a new challenge for me to run not one, not two, but THREE half marathons in 2013 (two of those being only several weeks apart).  If not, fine with me.

Looks like I have a lot of running on my calendar this year!  So excited/nervous!


Now my challenge is to find a decently priced hotel near (or in) Duluth!  I know people who have had their hotel booked for this weekend since last year.

Speaking of running... I love having running partners that push me to go faster and further... like this lovely gal:



Miss Molly is our good friend Kyle's pup (Kyle also happens to be our neighbor so Molly is a great buddy to grab from time to time).  I had 5 miles on the agenda yesterday, the weather was gorgeous (almost 40 degrees and sun shining!), and Molly was itching to get out.  I love my Parker, but he's more like Terry when it comes to running... he'd rather not.

Molly definitely helps me pick up the pace and doesn't let me stop or slow down often.  I finished 5 miles under an hour yesterday and was very satisfied with my time, especially since we walked the first few blocks.


Not only did I have Molly to keep me going, but I had my music.  One of my favorite parts of preparing for my half marathon was putting together a play list.  I am not one to go running without my music - I love getting lost in a song and running to a beat.  On yesterdays run, I used my playlist from my first half marathon:

1.  I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
2.  You & Me - Dave Matthews Band
3.  One Love - Glee
4.  Both of Us - B.o.B feat. Taylor Swift
5.  Just a Dream - Nelly
6.  The Best One Yet (The Boy) - Black Eyed Peas
7.  Valerie - Glee
8.  London Bridge - Fergie
9.  Run the World (Girls) - Beyonce
10.  Collie Man - Slightly Stoopid
11.  Get Up - Ciara
12.  Fergalicious - Fergie feat. will.i.am
13.  Hate On Me - Glee
14.  Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas
15.  I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
16.  Here I Come - Fergie
17.  Forget You - Glee
18.  Burn It to the Ground - Nickelback
19.  Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
20.  Beautiful - Eminem
21.  Back In Time - Pitbull
22.  Don't Stop Believin' - Glee
23.  Uprising - Muse
24.  Clumsy - Fergie
25.  Don't Rain On My Parade - Glee
26.  Girls Do What They Want - The Maine
27.  Glamorous - Fergie
28.  The Time - Black Eyed Peas
29.  Marry You - Glee
30.  Bad Girlfriend - Scars & Souvenirs
31.  Rock That Body - Black Eyed Peas
32.  Empire State of Mind - Glee
33.  Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
34.  Somebody to Love - Glee
35.  Don't Stop the Party - Black Eyed Peas
36.  I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace
37.  You're So Damn Hot - Ok Go
38.  Electric City - Black Eyed Peas
39.  Beware of the Dog
40.  Bulletproof - La Roux
41.  Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
42.  Cheers - Rihanna
43.  Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
44.  Showdown - Black Eyed Peas
45.  Rumour Has It - Adele
46.  Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
47.  Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
48.  My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
49.  Paper Planes - MIA
50.  No Love - Eminem

Can you tell I like Black Eyed Peas/Fergie and Glee?? ;)

Now, this is a super long playlist.  But it was my first half marathon and I had no idea how long it was going to take me since I did not train as much as I should have.  I didn't want to run into the problem of having to replay songs or be messing with my phone, so I played it safe and put a lot of songs on there.   This ended up being 3.3 hours of music and I finished my first half in 2 hours and 45 minutes.

For my next half marathon, I plan to filter through the songs and scale back.  My playlist will probably look similar since there are songs on here that I just associate with running now, but hope to add in some top hits as well.

Do you have any songs that you associate with running?  What's your favorite song/group/singer to workout to?

No comments:

Post a Comment